Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Harvest Safety

Harvest Saftey :  
While southbound on the Americus Road today in my Tractor and Grain Cart, with my Hazard Lights on, in my own lane, like any other normal vehicle on the road. I turned on my left turn signal and began to decelerate to turn into our corn field. Apparently the SUV behind me was in such a hurry he proceeded to swerve around me (missing my front left tire by less than 2 feet) as I was turning across the road to enter our field.  
Sir I hope you got to where you needed to be that extra minute early! 

PLEASE SHARE THE ROAD !!! 

I know it's not any fun to get stuck behind slow moving machinery but that is just part of living in an Ag Community. Those roads are our hallways, our tractor cabs are our offices, so please be extra cautious and patient when driving near farm equipment, especially during harvest !  
Farming is already a dangerous occupation; don't make it more dangerous for us when we are the ones providing food for your table. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and be sure to wave and smile as you pass a farmer during harvest because it can be stressful and fast paced time for the farming community
!

No comments:

Post a Comment